Feeling and Experiencing Subtle Energies exercise
1) Begin by making yourself comfortable in a seated position.
2) It is best to perform this exercise after you have relaxed yourself through the breathing or meditation exercises mentioned earlier.
3) Rub your hands together in front of you for about thirty seconds to activate your hand’s sensitivity.
4) Hold your hands about 18 inches out in front of you with one palm facing upward and the other palm of your hand facing downward.
5) Quickly open and close your palms ten times. Gently squeeze your hands/palms together during the ten times that you open and close your palms.
6) Now reverse your hands so that the palm that was facing upward before is now facing downward and the palm that was facing downward is now facing upward,
7) Squeeze your palms together quickly again for ten times.
Now open your palms with your arms extended so they are not next to your body.
9) With your palms facing each other and your hands about two feet apart slowly move your hands towards each other.
10) Bring your hands as close to each other as you can without touching them.
11) Now move your hands slowly back apart. Repeat this slowly in and out movement all the time focusing on what you are feeling with your hands.
12) At what distance do you start feeling the energy between your hands? Do you start feeling the energy when your hands are twelve inches apart or more like six inches apart?
13) What other sensations does the energy feel like? Is it hot? Does it feel as if pressure is building between your hands? Do you sense a feeling of rubberiness, a pulsating feeling, a warmth or coolness?
14) Take a few minutes to define what you are feeling. Remember that you are trying to feel subtle energy so if you feel nothing when you first start doing this exercise don’t worry. With practice you will eventually be able to perceive subtle energies.
15) If you feel energy different than other people do not worry. We all have our own unique energy field and so the way you experience energy may be quite different than the person next to you.
16) With this exercise you should realize that your energy field and perception does not stop at skin level. Do the exercise again and this time write down the impressions and experiences you got from doing the exercise. For example, how far apart were your hands when you first felt the energy? What did the energy feel like? Was it cool, warm, heavy, etc. Recording your impressions and experiences with this exercise will help you recognize your progress in the coming months. Remember that it takes time and practice to perceive and feel subtle energy.